This comprehensive review will focus on UpViral, which is a highly-recommended viral marketing platform that offers enough tools to keep you afloat in the global marketplace.
Before we go ahead, you may be curious to find out what viral marketing is and how it works. You might be able to see through your Twitter and Facebook feeds that well-known brands like Wendy’s post a lot of funny memes and other relatable posts. If you see it as an example of viral marketing, then congratulations!
But that’s only the tip of an iceberg. There are many ways to achieve viral marketing strategies. While there may be other platforms that offer similar solutions, none of them can match UpViral’s unique promotional style. If you believe this is what you need, keep reading!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Jeff Aman’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of UpViral, you may still want to check out our article below.
UpViral, a cloud-based referral software, allows you to launch viral marketing campaigns with the best possible results. This means better conversion rates and more viral traffic. You can create viral campaigns on a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook. It also allows you to upload videos to YouTube and TikTok. You can also run effective e-mail marketing campaigns with a set of optimized tools that UpViral happily provides.
What else can you do with this one-of-a-kind marketing platform? UpViral allows you to:
- Organize giveaways and contests to further engage your consumer base,
- Split A/B testing is a good way to determine which part of the campaign resonates with audiences.
- Edit and publish good-looking landing pages,
- Keep track of analytic updates so you can see which campaigns are achieving great results.
- You can customize and schedule your campaigns to the best time.
- Manage up to 10 campaign brands in one dashboard, and
- Automated e-mails can be set up based on user actions. Your promotional e mails will be sent to every potential customer who interacts with your campaign.
Why Should You Try It?
UpViral is a perfect solution that you can try if you want to increase your social following and viral traffic, as well as broaden the awareness of your brand beyond your current consumer base. You will have access to tons of useful tools to help you achieve your goals. Aside from having excellent marketing features, it also has enough resources to create outstanding launching events for your new product or service – a game-changer, as most users may say.
UpViral is guaranteed to produce better results than traditional methods, which often result in a slower turnout. It’s important to remember that UpViral is not a quick fix for all your marketing problems, but a long-term strategy that will help you maintain your momentum. UpViral has always believed that connecting with your audience is just as integral in managing your brand as communicating with them, and, thankfully, it provides you with enough resources to pull it all off!
Who should use upViral?
UpViral can be used not just by content creators and influencers with a sizeable following on social media and content-sharing platforms. Any business, large or small, can use UpViral. We’ve put together a list of people who can use this service to help you decide if it is right for you.
- Digital marketing specialists and agencies
- Physical businesses include department stores, essential service providers, and restaurants.
- E-commerce sites and storefronts
- Solo-owned small businesses, from podcasts to arts and crafts
- SaaS businesses and many other!
How to Use UpViral
First, create an UpViral Account to get things started. After that, you’ll be redirected back to the dashboard. Here you can create your first campaign. The platform lets you choose between any of the three campaign types: giveaways (Viral Rewards), contests (Viral Sweepstakes), and generic campaigns (Viral Waitlists).
The Viral Rewards campaign is where you get to reward your customers with bonus items after they accomplish certain goals, and is specially designed as a surefire way to generate leads. Viral Sweepstakes on the other hand give you the chance to create contests for your subscribers. The collective primary premise of contests and giveaways is to spread awareness of your brand to anyone other than your audience base – they are considered forms of what specialists call referral marketing, better known as “word-of-mouth marketing.”
- Following or subscribing to your pages/accounts;
- Liking and reacting to any of your posts;
- You can share, repost, or retweet your content so that others can see it.
- Commenting and tag your friends in your shared post.
You may even connect UpViral’s services to your blog and/or e-commerce store, on top of making use of remarkable e-mail marketing tools! In addition, you have the liberty and convenience to customize your sales funnel blueprint with hundreds of optimized templates to pick from. You may modify the color and layout designs, change into different fonts, edit the text, and even incorporate your branding for an added personal touch.
Now that we’ve covered the gist of what you could essentially do with UpViral, let’s take a closer look at all the key features it has to offer.
Referral Link System
UpViral is best known for its unique referral link system that emphasizes giving rewards to the subscribers or followers that share your content. You can set the goals and accomplishments that subscribers need to reach certain points. This allows you to give great gifts or rewards to them. You even get full access to edit whatever you please from your account dashboard.
The more actions or goals your subscribers achieve, the more points they’re rewarded, and the more you have the chance to acquire as many leads as you desire! UpViral understands how important it can be for you to have twice the number of leads when sharing your platform online. Its unique referral system has been highly praised by users who have used it to promote brands.
Coupon Delivery and Rewards System
You can customize the discount rate and set up a series or actions to release the coupon when your followers reach a milestone. For example, sharing a link from your online store with their friends. UpViral’s scaleable reward system allows you to customize the coupon delivery system according to your business requirements.
Analytic User Tracking
When it comes to organizing a successful marketing campaign, tracking pixel traffic is as important as generating solid leads. UpViral allows you to integrate with plenty of third-party services that do exactly that – all without limits! You can connect quickly to Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and other services to add as many tracking scripts you need, including lead captures and social sharing for greater leverage.
E-mail automation, CRMs and Autoresponders
UpViral offers enough tools to automate e-mail marketing that you can freely use. You can create and send e mails about your business or brand that are timed or triggered based on the actions of your customers.
To understand how e-mail automation works, let’s show you an example: one of your users clicks or taps a link to a discount coupon on your online store. Then, they are redirected to a page stating that to gain access to the coupon code, they will need to type in their e-mail address first. Once they accomplish the task, the user receives a notification that the e-mail message containing the coupon code has automatically been sent to their inbox.
UpViral allows integration with third-party autoresponders, customer relationship managers (CRMs) and other automation tools. Referral codes can be included in your e mails. These can be used to convert your mailing lists into useful lead sources. These codes are just as effective as pixel monitoring when it comes to checking the user’s behaviour.
Split A/B Testing
Split testing, as we mentioned in the article earlier, is a great way to determine which version of your campaign collateral has the best potential. Digital marketers who are experienced in digital marketing use split testing (or A/B testing) to identify the areas that need to be improved. It’s also utilized to pinpoint which of the two versions produces a better return on investment (ROI) as well as higher conversion rates.
UpViral’s split testing feature lets you experiment and test nearly every element of your brand or product campaign, such as promotional e-mails, thank you pages, landing pages, and many more.
Automated Fraud Detection and Security
Dealing with scams and fraudulent actions can hurt you and your business in the long run. UpViral offers the right security tools to ensure that your campaign is not harmed by dishonest users. As your campaign slowly reaches the desired level of success, there may be a possibility that suspicious online users may infiltrate and cheat their way out of the system. This could result in a significant loss of leads generated and new customers.
Website pop-ups may be quite an annoying inconvenience, but from a business perspective, it does make sense as it’s seen as one way of capturing quality leads. If you want to get as many new customers as you wish in a short amount of time, having a few pop-ups may entice them enough to explore your products or services even further. UpViral’s pop-up creator makes it easy to integrate a variety of pop-ups onto your website.
Whether it be a short survey or a link to your discounted offers, you won’t have to overcomplicate yourself with code – all you would need to do is customize, drag, and drop wherever you want to place a mini pop-up window or two. UpViral’s popup editor is quick and easy to access. This is unlike other marketing software that requires you to integrate with third party apps.
Social Campaign Sharing
UpViral’s ability to use social media to spread awareness and promote brands to a wider audience is part of what makes it so attractive. Social media platforms are a key component of sharing many types of consumable content. These platforms are where many people go online to make new friends, discover new things and get new ideas.
UpViral knows there is so much untapped potential from social media alone. That’s why the platform makes it convenient and easy for you to integrate with tons of social sites and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and even TikTok for better shareability. It’s also possible to customize how your social sharing looks, down to how many buttons and links you use on social media sites.
UpViral, like many other marketing platforms, offers seamless integrations with third-party applications. The software supports over 50 native integrations with a wide range of marketing, e-commerce, and automation-related solutions, such as e-mail marketing tools, autoresponders, and even webinar apps.
One noteworthy mention is its built-in connection to Zapier, the popular automation service that lets you integrate with thousands more apps to ease up your workflow. In addition to the easy-access integrations, UpViral also has a customizable API tool that lets you establish connections with lots more external platforms with just a few touches of code.
We’ve compiled a list of platforms we could find that would allow us to get an idea of the number of native integrations UpViral offers.
- Campaign Monitor
- Campaign Refinery
- Constant Contact
- Ever Webinar
- GetResponse and GetReponse 360
- HTML Form
- Klick Tipp
- Mad Mimi
- Office Auto Pilot
- Sales Autopilot
- SG Autorepondeur
- TPNI Engage
- Webinar JEO
We’ve listed all details about each pricing plan so you have a complete picture of the features and costs. Let’s begin with the software’s starter package!
1. Starter Plan – $79 if paid monthly, $59/month if paid annually
These are the key features of the Starter Plan:
- It lets you run unlimited campaigns, hold unlimited rewards to your subscribers/followers, and organize unlimited contests for better chances of generating leads
- You can earn as many as 10,000 participants or leads.
- It lets you manage one brand account, complete with a customizable domain and e-mail identity
- You can also use the pop-up editor and page editor as well as pixel tracking.
- Any assistance you require using the platform, you can get e-mail support
- Fraud detection tools are available to alert you if any user is dishonest.
While you may get to use a slew of essential marketing functions with this plan, you would not be able to remove any signs of UpViral branding and replace them with your own.
2. Business Plan – $119 if paid monthly, $89/month if paid annually
You can use all the tools in the Starter plan and other notable features and upgrades such as:
- Earn up to 25,000 leads
- Connecting with up to three brand accounts, each with a custom domain and e-mail identity
- Split testing using different types of collateral
- Zapier integration as a gateway for thousands of apps and services
- Use the public API tool to create custom integrations
- Use the countdown timer
- Geo-tagging, where you get to restrict access to your content based on location
You can also replace the UpViral branding material with your own. This is a major upgrade to the Starter plan.
3. Premium Plan – $299 if paid monthly, $219/month if paid annually
You can use all features of the previous plans with priority customer support. You also get significant upgrades, such as:
- Over 100,000 participants or leads generated.
- Managing up to 10 brands complete with custom domains and separate e-mail identities.
Trial Period and Money-back Policy
Are you still skeptical about the services and features that UpViral offers? The marketing software platform has a 14-day trial period that lets you test the waters and see if it’s well-suited for your needs. Although the trial period is not free for those who wish to test it, they can get access to all features in each pricing plan for $1.
Pros and Cons
UpViral is a popular choice for best online marketing solutions. But, as with all other viral marketing platforms, there are a few shortcomings as well. To help guide you in your decision, we’ve listed some notable pros and cons that we could find.
- No matter what pricing plan you subscribe to, you can run unlimited viral campaigns
- You can organize and hold contest and giveaway campaigns without all the added hassle – nearly everything has been streamlined to be easy to use
- There is a wide range of customization possibilities that you get to explore when it comes to editing campaign collaterals, from the drag-and-drop page and pop-up builders to the e-mail copy templates
- Integrations with more than 50 apps, including all major e-mail marketing service providers, are now possible.
- With the addition of the Zapier integration and the public API tool, the connection possibilities are endless
- When it comes to mobile optimization, UpViral knocks it out of the park
- Social sharing management with UpViral is so simple that you wouldn’t need to jump through hoops with coding to get everything right
- You can be sure that your viral campaign will be secure because UpViral has fraud detection and SSL certification for free.
- Excellent customer service. Plus, you can get additional help and resources to get your campaigns moving with the Co-Pilot show.
- UpViral does not have a built-in CRM tool. You will need to integrate third-party platforms if you wish to access it.
- Although the customization options are very welcome, there are limited options, particularly in terms of the number of forms available and campaign templates.
- The interface can be a bit daunting at first, especially on certain parts of UpViral’s site such as the page builder
- The learning curve can be quite difficult, but once you understand the UpViral features, it is manageable.
Alternatives to UpViral
Vyper is a marketing platform that is closely similar to UpViral in nearly every aspect imaginable. Like the latter, the former is well-regarded for letting users run viral sweepstakes and contest campaigns conveniently. It is also well-known for its ability to handle social media-based campaigns with ease, and its webhook tool which can be equally useful in generating leads.
While Vyper may be as highly acclaimed as UpViral, there are a few notable features that it cannot offer for the time being, such as the open API tool, an easy-to-explore customization interface, campaign sharing, and split testing.
Although UpViral has the most powerful suite of viral marketing tools available, Viral Loops offers additional campaign options. Unlike the former, the latter lets you make use of the ambassadorship program in association with Shopify, as well as built-in integrations with hundreds more third-party applications – twice the number that UpViral has!
Gleam has the same level of high-caliber services that UpViral has in terms of viral marketing. Gleam is also known as one of today’s best marketing software platforms since its inception in early 2013. We are unable to pinpoint exactly what makes Gleam different from the rest, other than the fact they offer a wide variety of campaigning tools, but we have been able find out that their customer service is outstanding.
In regards to its other features, we can say that they’re generally okay, to say the least. However, while there are plenty of pros to what Gleam offers, expect to have a few cons as well: the customization options are lacking, especially when it comes to forms, the analytics are too basic, and the user experience is not as friendly as other software platforms.
We are now at the end of this review and we can see how UpViral has been successful in launching viral marketing campaigns. It has enough tools that are suitable for not just marketing experts but also newbies, small businesses, and content creators. Though there may be some parts of the platform that may require you to get through a steep learning curve, it remains user-friendly overall.
UpViral knows that certain problems call for drastic measures, and it’s proven to have worked impressively thanks to its suite of optimized and customizable marketing strategies, such as giveaways and contest sweepstakes. Although it would have been nice to have more forms, templates, and CRM tools built in, the pros far outweigh any cons.
To answer the question of whether or not UpViral is worth trying for your business needs, we’d say we highly recommend it!
Is UpViral offering a free service?
UpViral currently does not offer a free trial or plan. You can however try the platform’s free 14-day trial, which costs only $1
Does UpViral support multiple languages?
UpViral certainly does. As the online world is wide enough that it encompasses many languages, the platform makes sure you get to run successful campaigns in whatever language you want to aim. The team can speak English, Spanish or Portuguese as well as French, Malay and Korean.
Can I cancel my UpViral account? How can I cancel my UpViral account?
Can I use UpViral for more than one website?
Yes! You have no restrictions when it comes to integrating UpViral services with your websites. Only thing you should be concerned about is your brand.